By using the assets in our electronic media, you agree to all of the listed conditions.
Room to Read maintains this website (“materials, electronic products and/or services”) in order to provide you with information about our work, and to enable you to interact with us online. This Linking and Use Agreement describes our understanding with you when you visit our website and use our materials, electronic products and/or services. Your use of the website, our materials, electronic products and services and/or downloading of materials from our website or social networking sites constitutes your agreement to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “Room to Read,” “RtR,” “we,” “our,” and “us – these terms refer to Room to Read, a Washington non-stock corporation with tax-exempt status pursuant to Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)(3). You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” – these terms refer to visitors to and users of our website. Room to Read is the sole owner of the name “Room to Read” which is a registered trademark. Your use of the name and logo and/or links bearing the name and logo acknowledges Room to Read’s exclusive ownership of the name and/or right to use the logo. All use of or goodwill associated with the name, logo, our materials, electronic products and/or services will inure to the benefit of Room to Read or its licensors. The logo, electronic products and services are provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement. Use of our materials, electronic products and/or services provided at the site is solely at your own risk.
- Use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Room to Read endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with your products, goods, services or your website.
- Your use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Room to Read will benefit from the sale of any good or service.
- Links bearing the name and logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to the Room to Read website as designated within the link.
- The links bearing the name and logo will always be active links.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product or service website name.
- You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit the name and logo or your link to us.
- The Room to Read name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear on any pages of any website that include content or advertising for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pornography, partisan material, political material or firearms.
- Appropriate action by Room to Read may include, but is not limited to, the revocation of the right to use the name and logo and/or any links bearing the name and logo, in which event you agree to remove the name and logo and/or the links bearing the name and logo within 2 business days of notice of revocation.
- It is improper, and may be a violation of law, for you to post or download and distribute any material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. PLEASE BE AWARE: violation of someone’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
- Inappropriate use of Room to Read materials, electronic products and services and/or technology. It is inappropriate to use the Room to Read website, our materials, including the Room to Read name and logo, electronic products and/or services for illegal, inappropriate, or obscene purposes, or in support of such activities.
We define these terms as follows:
"Illegal activities" are those that violate laws, regulations and/or private agreements, including federal or state laws governing charitable activities, copyright laws, trademark laws, license agreements or other intellectual property rights.
“Obscene activities” are those that violate generally accepted social standards for use of this type of material or technology.
Listed below are some, but not all, prohibited activities that may result in action by Room to Read:
- Posting, transmitting, or facilitating in the promotion of illegal content through our website or electronic products and services.
- Using our website, our material, electronic products and/or services to harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another visitor or third party that is unwanted.
- Transmitting or facilitating distribution of content that is untrue, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable.
Global Office: 465 California Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco, CA 94104, United States Telephone: +1(415)839-4400 Fax: +1 (415) 561-0580 www.roomtoread.org
- Using the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo on websites which Room to Read finds, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable or which includes obscene, violent, intolerant, tasteless, denigrating or sexually oriented content or materials.
- Pretending to be anyone whom you are not. You may not impersonate Room to Read staff, or anyone else.
- Attempting to get a password, other account information, or other private information from others, or harvest e-mail addresses or other information.
- Posting any unsolicited content or designs, including advertising and promotional materials, at our website.
- Room to Read reserves the right to make any change to the information and/or license provided herein at any time for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.
Washington state law shall govern this agreement.