Start your own fundraising campaign for Room to Read!
Run a marathon, sell homemade cookies, grow a crazy-long beard — get creative and create a campaign that’s fun for you and your friends.
Room to Read is fighting global poverty the best way we know how: by providing kids in the developing world with the tools to create a better life for themselves and their families — and you can help! Start a fundraising campaign for Room to Read, and you’ll be on your way to changing the world in a matter of minutes.
Run your own campaign in five easy steps:
- Design your campaign. This is the time to get creative. It doesn’t have to be particularly grand or unique—it just needs to work for you.
- Promote your campaign. Email your friends, use the built-in tools to connect to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, tell everyone you know why this cause is important to you—get the word out! Remember, no one can donate to your campaign if they haven’t heard about it. Your supporters will receive a US tax receipt for 100% of their donation amount.
- Say thanks…a lot! Your donors are investing in you and your success, so be sure to thank them and keep them posted with progress reports.
- Keep the momentum going. Send reminder emails and ask those who’ve already donated to help spread the word. You’ll reach a wider audience by tapping multiple networks.
- Give yourself a pat on the back (and share the love with everyone who supported you). It’s in partnership with people like you that Room to Read is able to touch the lives of millions of children in the developing world. So give yourself and your supporters a round of applause once your campaign is all over… and maybe even start plotting your next one.
Invest in the next generation
Help us bring the lifelong gift of education to children across the developing world.
Get Started »
If every child received an education, 171 million people would be lifted out of poverty
Invest in Room to Read
2011 Annual Report
The Next Chapter in Literacy: Reaching a New Generation of Readers.
Any good project starts with the right tools. Our Fundraiser Tool Kit has everything you need to make your campaign a success.